Lacey leads Arizona State past OregonJan 4, 2008 - 7:22 AM EUGENE, Oregon (Ticker) -- Lauren Lacey scored 25 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead No. 24 Arizona State to a 63-50 victory over Oregon on Thursday night.
Lacey, who scored 14 of her 25 points in the second half, led four Arizona State players in double figures. Dymond Simon scored 11 points while Jill Noe and Briann January added 10 each as the Sun Devils picked up their third straight win.
Arizona State held just a two-point lead with 5:29 left in the second half. But the Ducks could not get any closer as Lacey scored six straight and nine total points during a 13-2 run over the next 4 1/2 minutes as the Sun Devils extended their lead to 61-48.
With the win, Arizona State (9-5, 3-0 Pac-10) tied its best start in conference play, matching the mark set in 2005-06.
Taylor Lilley scored 22 points for the Ducks (7-6, 1-1), who could not overcome 26 turnovers and shot just 38.8 percent from the field.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA ST (24) 31 32 63
OREGON 28 22 50 FINAL
Jan 3 11:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(24) ARIZONA ST 31
OREGON 28 HALFTIME
Jan 3 10:48 PM
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- New Mexico St.-Arizona St. Preview Mar 17
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Jones leads Arizona women past Oregon 74-68 in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- McCall leads No. 13 Stanford women past Oregon 69-42 Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- ACL injury ends season for Oregon star Jillian Alleyne Feb 26
- No. 9 Arizona State pulls away for 77-57 win over Washington Feb 21