Morris, UCLA stun StanfordJan 5, 2008 - 5:48 AM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Darxia Morris had 20 points and five assists as UCLA stunned second-ranked Stanford, 69-56, in a Pac-10 Conference shocker on Friday.
Lindsey Pluimer added 13 points and eight rebounds for the Bruins, who led for virtually the entire game.
After Stanford (12-2, 2-1 Pac-10) scored the first basket of the game, UCLA went on a 19-6 run to take an 11-point lead with 11:18 to go in the half. The Cardinal battled back to cut the deficit to four points at the break, but the Bruins started the second half on a 17-5 spurt, taking their largest lead at 55-39 with 12:05 to play.
UCLA (7-7, 2-1) led by at least seven points for the final 19 minutes of the game and held Stanford to just 30 percent (21-of-71) shooting.
Candice Wiggins had 29 points and 10 rebounds to lead Stanford, but the senior guard shot just 11-of-28 from the floor.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20