Sanni's 23 points leads West Virginia past South FloridaJan 6, 2008 - 4:05 AM TAMPA, Florida (Ticker) -- Olayinka Sanni scored 23 points and grabbed seven rebounds as No. 16 West Virginia posted a 79-73 Big East Conference victory over South Florida on Saturday.
Reserve Sparkle Davis scored 22 points, shooting 4-of-6 from 3-point range, and Meg Bulger added 16 for the Mountaineers (11-2, 1-0 Big East), who have won eight of their last nine games.
West Virginia was coming off a 79-66 loss to Indiana two weeks ago.
Sanni connected on 10-of-13 from the floor and Bulger also nailed four 3-pointers for the Mountaineers, who were 11-of-22 overall from 3-point range.
Shantia Grace scored 25 points and Daiane Packer scored 12 for the Bulls, who shot 45 percent (23-of-51) and is now 1-2 all-time vs. the Mountaineers.
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Williams leads South Florida into second round Mar 20
- Williams leads South Florida into the second round Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Colorado St.-South Florida Preview Mar 18
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- UConn wins American for 3rd straight year, 77-51 over USF Mar 7