Simon, big second half helps Arizona State get past Oregon StateJan 6, 2008 - 6:41 AM CORVALLIS, Oregon (Ticker) -- Dymond Simon scored 14 of her 20 points in the second half as No. 24 Arizona State used a big second half to get past Oregon State, 69-60, in a Pac-10 conference matchup on Saturday.
Arizona State (10-5, 4-0 Pac-10), trailed by 10 points at the break before turning it up in the final 20 minutes. The Sun Devils forced 14 turnovers and shot 52 percent (13-of-25) in the second half, outscoring the Beavers, 41-22, to pull away.
Simon shot 7-of-12 from the floor - including 3-of-4 from the arc - and Lauren Lacey added 13 points for the Sun Devils.
Ashley Allen had 22 points to lead Oregon State (8-6, 1-2), which outrebounded ASU, 32-21, for the game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA ST (24) 28 41 69
OREGON ST 38 22 60 FINAL
Jan 6 12:03 AM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(24) ARIZONA ST 28
OREGON ST 38 HALFTIME
Jan 5 10:51 PM
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21