Pitt upsets DePaul behind big game from ZellousJan 6, 2008 - 10:23 PM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Shavonte Zellous scored 31 points as Pittsburgh captured a big road win, upsetting No. 15 DePaul, 97-68, in the Big East Conference opener for both teams on Sunday.
Zellous shot 13-of-23 as the junior guard recorded a season high in points.
Marcedes Walker had 15 points and 12 rebounds and Jania Sims scored 11 points for the Panthers (11-3, 1-0 Big East), who opened up a 43-29 game at the break by shooting 57 percent (21-of-37) in the second half.
Caprice Smith and Allie Quigley had 15 points apiece for the Blue Demons (11-3, 0-1), who absorbed their third loss in their last four games.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28