Allen helps Notre Dame win Big East opener over LouisvilleJan 9, 2008 - 3:35 AM LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Charel Allen had 26 points and nine rebounds as No. 14 Notre Dame pulled away from Louisville in its Big East opener, 82-74, on Tuesday.
Tulyah Gaines added 13 points for the Fighting Irish, who were tied with the Cardinals, 38-38, at the half.
Notre Dame (13-2, 1-0 Big East) took control midway through the second half, using a 10-2 run - capped by a pair of free throws from Allen - to take a 66-57 lead with 5:29 left to play. Notre Dame led by at least five the rest of the way.
Candyce Bingham had 22 points and eight rebounds and Angel McCoughtry added 21 and 13 for Louisville (11-4, 0-2), which made just 15-of-32 free throws (47 percent) and 1-of-13 shots from the arc for the game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NOTRE DAME (14) 38 44 82
LOUISVILLE 38 36 74 FINAL
Jan 8 9:12 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(14) NOTRE DAME 38
LOUISVILLE 38 HALFTIME
Jan 8 8:02 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19