Moore's 25 points lead Connecticut past West VirginiaJan 10, 2008 - 3:16 AM STORRS, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Freshman Maya Moore scored 25 points as No. 1 Connecticut posted an 84-48 Big East Conference rout of No. 16 West Virginia on Wednesday.
Tina Charles had 18 points and grabbed 14 rebounds and Mel Thomas scored 14 for the Huskies (14-0, 2-0 Big East), who have defeated the Mountaineers 19 straight times by an average margin of 30.0 points.
Moore, who connected on 9-of-17 from the floor, also drilled four 3-pointers for Connecticut, which is 22-4 all-time in conference home openers and has won its last 20 straight. The Huskies shot 53 percent (32-of-60).
Olayinka Sanni scored 12 points and Sparkle Davis added 11 for West Virginia (11-3, 1-1), which shot just 31 percent (17-of-55) and hasn't beaten the Huskies since January 22, 1982.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2