Wilson's double-double helps Baylor edge Texas A&MJan 12, 2008 - 11:47 PM WACO, Texas (Ticker) -- Danielle Wilson scored 16 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as No. 8 Baylor posted a 59-56 Big 12 Conference victory over No. 12 Texas A&M on Saturday.
Angela Tisdale scored 15 points and Rachel Allison had 14 and nine boards for the Lady Bears (14-1, 2-0 Big 12), who have won seven straight games and have also been victorious in 11 consecutive at home.
Wilson, who connected on 6-of-14 from the floor, collected her third double-double of the season for Baylor, which scored a season low in points and also shot a season-low 29 percent (19-of-65).
Takia Starks had 16 points and was the only player to reach double digits for the Aggies (12-4, 0-2), who shot 49 percent (24-of-49) but fell to the Lady Bears for the 20th time in their last 25 meetings.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS A&M (12) 24 32 56
BAYLOR (8) 25 34 59 FINAL
Jan 12 3:35 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(12) TEXAS A&M 24
(8) BAYLOR 25 HALFTIME
Jan 12 2:21 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19