Bobbitt leads Tennessee past South CarolinaJan 13, 2008 - 11:26 PM COLUMBIA, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Shannon Bobbitt scored 20 points and No. 2 Tennessee took advantage of turnover-prone South Carolina to post a 71-48 victory on Sunday in a Southeastern Conference matchup.
Bobbitt was one of four players in double figures for the Lady Vols (14-1, 2-0 SEC), who never trailed and jumped out to a 37-14 lead at the half.
Candace Parker scored 15 points, Nicky Anosike had 12 and Angie Bjorklund 10 for Tennessee, which scored 41 points off of 30 turnovers by South Carolina.
Ilona Burgrova scored 16 points and grabbed 13 rebounds and Demetress Adams had 10 points for the Gamecocks (11-6, 0-2).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (2) 37 34 71
SOUTH CAROLINA 14 34 48 FINAL
Jan 13 5:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(2) TENNESSEE 37
SOUTH CAROLINA 14 HALFTIME
Jan 13 3:53 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26