Parker pours in 23 as Tennessee trounces KentuckyJan 18, 2008 - 4:14 AM LEXINGTON, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 23 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead No. 2 Tennessee to an easy 65-40 victory over Kentucky in Southeastern Conference play on Thursday.
Alexis Hornbuckle added 10 points and Parker finished 10-of-14 from the floor and 3-of-5 from the free-throw line while blocking three shots for Tennessee (15-1, 3-0 SEC), which cruised to its fifth straight win with a dominating second half.
Holding a 27-19 advantage at the break, the Lady Volunteers shot 58 percent (18-of-31) in the second half to pull away.
Samantha Mahoney scored 12 points to lead Kentucky (8-9, 2-1), which shot just 16-of-51 from the floor.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26