Gray-Lawson helps California cruise past ArizonaJan 20, 2008 - 12:32 AM TUCSON, Arizona (Ticker) -- Alexis Gray-Lawson scored 19 points as No. 9 California posted a 66-45 Pac-10 Conference victory over Arizona on Saturday.
Devanei Hampton scored 10 points and Ashley Walker also had 10 and six rebounds for the Bears (17-2, 8-0 Pac-10), who have won nine straight, including a school record-tying eight in a row in conference play.
Gray-Lawson connected on 6-of-7 from the floor, including 5-of-6 from 3-point range, for California, which has its longest winning streak since tying a school record with 10 straight victories in 1986-87. The Bears shot 10-of-17 from the arc and 51 percent (24-of-47) overall.
Reserve Rheya Neabors scored 13 points and Amina Njonkou had 10 and eight rebounds for the Wildcats (6-12, 0-7), who shot just 24 percent (13-of-54) and have dropped eight in a row.
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Jones leads Arizona women past Oregon 74-68 in Pac-12 Mar 3
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Arizona splits with women's basketball coach Niya Butts Mar 1
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Arizona 82-58 Feb 13
- No. 14 UCLA women ease by Arizona 73-39 Feb 7