Raven helps Texas topple Oklahoma StateJan 24, 2008 - 3:47 AM AUSTIN, Texas (Ticker) -- Brittainey Raven scored 19 points as Texas posted a 70-63 Big 12 Conference victory over No. 13 Oklahoma State on Wednesday.
Ashley Lindsey and Carla Cortijo each scored 11 and Kathleen Nash hauled in 11 rebounds for the Longhorns (14-5, 2-3 Big 12), who improved to 3-1 against ranked opponents this season.
Raven, who connected on 7-of-11 from the floor, also had four rebounds and three assists for Texas, which shot 42 percent (23-of-55).
Taylor Hardeman scored 18 points and Andrea Riley scored 15 for the Cowgirls (16-2, 4-1), who also shot 42 percent (25-of-59) but saw their eight-game winning streak come to an end.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18