Fowles, Chaney lead another rout for No. 9 LSUJan 25, 2008 - 4:39 AM AUBURN, Alabama (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles and Quianna Chaney combined for 43 points on Thursday as ninth-ranked Louisiana State defeated No. 22 Auburn, 79-59, in a Southeastern Conference game.
Fowles had 22 points and 10 rebounds, while Chaney made six 3-pointers en route to scoring 21 for the Lady Tigers (15-3, 4-0 SEC). LSU shot 54.5 percent (30-of-55) and led by 21 points at halftime, 42-21.
LSU was coming off a 53-point win over Mississippi State on Sunday, the program's most lopsided league victory. Auburn (13-6, 1-3) had six 3-pointers in the second half to keep the score respectable.
LSU, which made 8-of-13 3-pointers, has won its first four conference games by an average of 21 points.
Chaney also had a career-high eight assists with no turnovers. Fowles made 9-of-14 shots and blocked four shots.
Sherell Hobbs scored 20 points and Jordan Greenleaf added 12 for Auburn.
DeWanna Bonner, the conference's second-best scorer at 17 points, was held to five points for Auburn on 2-of-9 shooting.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LSU (9) 42 37 79
AUBURN (22) 21 38 59 FINAL
Jan 24 8:44 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(9) LSU 42
(22) AUBURN 21 HALFTIME
Jan 24 7:52 PM
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina women turn up D, beat Auburn 57-48 Mar 4
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21