Minnesota upsets No. 15 Ohio StateJan 25, 2008 - 5:48 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Ohio State's grip on the Big Ten Conference is quickly loosening.
Leslie Knight scored a career-high 33 points and Emily Fox added 16 as Minnesota upset 15th-ranked Ohio State, 79-70, on Thursday.
Ashley Ellis-Milan had 12 points for the Golden Gophers (14-6, 5-3 Big Ten), who are now one of five teams in the conference within one game of the front-running Buckeyes (15-4, 6-2). Indiana, Purdue, Michigan and Iowa also are challenging for first place at 5-3.
Minnesota led by as much as 14 early in the second half, but Ohio State's Jantel Lavender and Ashley Trebilcock paced a 16-2 run that knotted things at 50-50.
A three-point play by Ellis-Milan in the late going highlighted a 7-0 run that essentially put the game away.
Trebilcock led the Buckeyes with a career-high 25 points and Lavender had 21.
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey helps Northwestern women top Minnesota 84-74 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28