Fowles powers LSU past KentuckyJan 27, 2008 - 11:27 PM LEXINGTON, Kentucky (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles scored 20 points and pulled down 10 rebounds for her 72nd career double-double, leading ninth-ranked Louisiana State to a convincing 72-46 victory over Kentucky on Sunday in a Southeastern Conference battle.
Quianna Chaney added 13 points and Allison Hightower chipped in 12 off the bench for the Lady Tigers (16-3, 5-0 SEC), who forced 13 turnovers and scored 34 points in the paint to stay undefeated in conference play.
Louisiana State used a huge first half, shooting 53 percent (16-of-30) from the field and 4-of-9 from the arc, to open up a 41-23 advantage after the opening 20 minutes and cruise to victory.
Sarah Elliot scored 17 points to lead Kentucky (10-10, 4-2), which shot just 27 percent (15-of-56) to end a modest two-game winning streak.
- AT RUPP ARENA
NCAA WOMENS BB FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LSU (9) 41 31 72
KENTUCKY 23 23 46 FINAL
Jan 27 4:42 PM
- AT RUPP ARENA
NCAA WOMENS BB (9) LSU 41
KENTUCKY 23 HALFTIME
Jan 27 3:20 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18