Sweat's layup lifts Kansas State to 10th straight winJan 31, 2008 - 4:11 AM LINCOLN, Nebraska (Ticker) -- Ashley Sweat's layup with five seconds to play lifted No. 21 Kansas State to its 10th straight win, 77-75, over Nebraska in a Big 12 Conference matchup on Wednesday.
Kimberly Dietz had 26 points and Shalee Lehning had 19, eight rebounds and six assists for the Wildcats (15-5, 7-0 Big 12), who were trailing by one with under one minute to play.
Dietz then made a 3-pointer to give Kansas State a 75-73 advantage before Kelsey Griffin tied it up on a jumper with 32 seconds remaining. That set the stage for Sweat, who drove the baseline and scored and the Wildcats saw two Cornhusker shots fall off the mark before the final buzzer.
Sweat finished with 10 points for Kansas State, which shot 51 percent (28-of-55) from the floor.
Danielle Page had 20 points and nine rebounds and Griffin had 19 and 11 for the Cornhuskers (15-6, 4-3), who had a 40-28 advantage in points in the paint, and outscored the Wildcats, 17-5, in second-chance points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
KANSAS ST (21) 43 34 77
NEBRASKA 39 36 75 FINAL
Jan 30 9:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(21) KANSAS ST 43
NEBRASKA 39 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:50 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17