Fowles, defense help LSU cruise past South CarolinaFeb 1, 2008 - 5:59 AM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles scored 14 points and pulled down seven rebounds to lead eighth-ranked Louisiana State to a 67-37 win over South Carolina in a Southeastern Conference battle on Thursday.
Quianna Chaney added 14 points and hit 3-of-5 3-point attempts and RaShonta LeBlanc chipped in 10 for the Lady Tigers, who limited the Gamecocks to 16-of-45 shooting and just 17 second-half points en route to their eighth straight win.
LSU (17-3, 6-0 SEC) led 31-20 at the half and opened the lead up with a 27-8 run to begin the second half. The Lady Tigers allowed just 31 percent (8-of-26) shooting in the second half.
Demetress Adams scored 15 points and added 11 rebounds for South Carolina (11-10, 0-6), which remains winless in the SEC.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SOUTH CAROLINA 20 17 37
LSU (8) 31 36 67 FINAL
Jan 31 9:48 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SOUTH CAROLINA 20
(8) LSU 31 HALFTIME
Jan 31 8:50 PM
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Syracuse women stun South Carolina 80-72 in regional semis Mar 25
- Syracuse-South Carolina Preview Mar 24
- Syracuse's press will be challenge for South Carolina women Mar 24
- Gamecocks' A'ja Wilson poised for run to top of women's game Mar 22
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19
- Top seeded South Carolina led by dominating duo in NCAA play Mar 19