Allen, Notre Dame use huge run to crush CincinnatiFeb 3, 2008 - 3:05 AM CINCINNATI (Ticker) -- Charel Allen scored 16 points to lead four players in double figures as No. 20 Notre Dame posted a 73-41 victory over Cincinnati on Saturday in a Big East Conference contest.
Devereaux Peters scored 12 points for Notre Dame, which took control of the game with a 21-0 run that spanned from the end of the first half into the start of the second.
While the Fighting Irish (17-5, 5-3 Big East) were on their run, the Bearcats were busy missing their first five shots of the second half.
Cincinnati (10-11, 1-8) also committed eight turnovers, as Notre Dame took a 38-26 lead with 13:14 left in the half.
Kahla Roudebush scored 11 points for the Bearcats, who have lost seven straight.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NOTRE DAME (20) 26 47 73
CINCINNATI 26 15 41 FINAL
Feb 2 4:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(20) NOTRE DAME 26
CINCINNATI 26 HALFTIME
Feb 2 3:51 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5