Hampton's 20 points leads Califonia past USC in overtimeFeb 3, 2008 - 3:02 AM BERKELEY, California (Ticker) -- Devanei Hampton scored 20 points and grabbed a season-high 15 rebounds as No. 9 California posted a 60-55 overtime victory over Southern California in Pac-10 Conference play on Saturday.
Alexis Gray-Lawson and Ashley Walker each scored 11 points for the Lady Bears (19-3, 10-1 Pac-10), who improved to their best start in school history. It was also Cal's 14th straight victory at home dating to last season and 17th win in its last 18 games here.
Hampton, who connected on 7-of-19 from the floor, posted her third double-double of the season and 20th of her career for the Lady Bears. Cal won despite shooting 31 percent (19-of-61).
Camille LeNoir scored 21 points and hauled in seven rebounds for the Trojans (13-9, 6-5), who shot 36 percent (22-of-61) and have dropped six straight vs. the Lady Bears.
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Weisner helps No. 8 Oregon State turn back USC 63-53 Mar 5
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- No. 7 Oregon State uses strong 3rd quarter to beat USC 76-52 Feb 20
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Brunner's 3-point play lets No. 8 Arizona State es Feb 7
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3