Beck leads George Washington past DuquesneFeb 3, 2008 - 4:53 AM PITTSBURGH (Ticker) -- Kimberly Beck shook off a poor shooting night with a strong showing at the free-throw line to lead 13th-ranked George Washington to a 73-65 win over Duquesne in an Atlantic 10 matchup.
Jessica Adair added 17 points and Whitney Allen and Antelia Parrish chipped in 14 apiece for the Colonials, who forced 20 turnovers and scored 28 points in the paint en route to coach Joe McKeown's 500th career victory.
Although she hit just 4-of-17 shots from the floor, Beck converted 9-of-11 foul shots, including a pair with 31 seconds remaining to seal the fourth win in a row for George Washington (18-4, 6-1 A-10).
Kristi Little scored 16 points to lead Duquesne (11-11, 2-5), which has dropped five of its last seven games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEO WASHINGTON (13) 33 40 73
DUQUESNE 24 41 65 FINAL
Feb 2 9:01 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(13) GEO WASHINGTON 33
DUQUESNE 24 HALFTIME
Feb 2 9:00 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Big three lead UConn past Duquesne 97-51 in NCAA round two Mar 22
- Duquesne-UConn Preview Mar 20
- Top-seed UConn faces confident Duquesne team in second round Mar 20
- Duquesne beats Seton Hall 97-76 in NCAA tournament debut Mar 19
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Duquesne-Seton Hall Preview Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Duquesne upsets No. 25 St. John's women, 76-57 Dec 19
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28