Parker dunks as Tennessee routs KentuckyFeb 3, 2008 - 11:26 PM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 20 points - including the seventh dunk of her career - as second-ranked Tennessee posted a 79-51 victory over Kentucky on Sunday in a Southeastern Conference matchup.
The 6-4 Parker chased down a loose ball and threw down a one-handed dunk with 8:08 left in the game for the Lady Vols (20-1, 7-0 SEC), who led, 32-24, after 20 minutes but went on a 15-6 run to take control at 49-31 with 14:07 remaining.
Alexis Hornbuckle scored 13 points for Tennessee, which shot 48 percent (31-of-76) from the floor in the second half.
Samantha Mahoney scored 18 points for the Wildcats (11-11, 5-3), who committed 36 turnovers.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26