Jordan, Old Dominion continue dominance of George MasonFeb 8, 2008 - 6:08 AM FAIRFAX, Virginia (Ticker) -- T.J. Jordan and Megan Pym scored 14 points apiece to lead No. 14 Old Dominion to a 71-61 victory over George Mason on Thursday in a Colonial Athletic Association game.
The Lady Monarchs (19-3, 10-0 CAA) had four players in double figures en route to their 42nd straight win over the Patriots.
It did not come easy though as Old Dominion nearly blew a 22-point lead in the final five minutes. The Lady Monarchs went scoreless for 4 1/2 minutes, allowing the Patriots to go on a 14-0 run that helped them pull within 67-57.
However, that was as close as George Mason (8-13, 2-8) would get.
Lateisha Wade scored 18 points for the Patriots, who shot just 27 percent (8-of-29) in the first half and trailed, 39-20, at the break.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OLD DOMINION (14) 39 32 71
GEORGE MASON 20 41 61 FINAL
Feb 7 9:13 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(14) OLD DOMINION 39
GEORGE MASON 20 HALFTIME
Feb 7 8:07 PM
- Middle Tennessee women beat Old Dominion in C-USA title game Mar 13
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49 Nov 26
- Blue Devils take down Lady Monarchs Jan 2
- ODU extends Barefoot's contract two years Aug 8
- No. 9 Maryland blasts George Mason Dec 8
- Blue Hens thump ODU in CAA quarters Mar 9
- Delaware eases past George Mason Feb 23
- Old Dominion 53, James Madison 67 Mar 14
- James Madison beat Old Dominion for CAA title Mar 14
- Tennessee beats longtime foe Old Dominion 102-62 Dec 30
- Ogwumike's 25 lead No. 2 Stanford past ODU, 89-56 Nov 13
- UConn routs ODU to reach regional final Mar 30