Tennesee's Parker injured in blowout winFeb 8, 2008 - 4:00 AM STARKVILLE, Mississippi (Ticker) -- Candice Parker left with a knee injury, but the game was well in hand as No. 2 Tennessee coasted to an 87-69 victory over Mississippi State on Thursday in a Southeastern Conference contest.
The team's leading scorer at 20 points per game coming in, Parker registered a season-low 11 points and left with a hyper-extended knee.
The junior forward had to be helped off the court after hurting herself on a drive to the hoop with 3:09 left in the blowout win. There was no word on how much time Parker could miss.
Alexis Hornbuckle and Shannon Bobbitt scored 16 points apiece for the Lady Vols (21-1, 8-0 SEC), who trailed at halftime for the first time all season.
The Bulldogs (14-9, 2-6) built a 40-33 lead at the intermission but Tennessee went on a 17-4 run and then iced the game with a 12-2 spurt midway through the second half.
Alexis Rack scored 32 points off the bench for Mississippi State, which has lost all 27 meetings between the teams.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (2) 33 54 87
MISSISSIPPI ST 40 29 69 FINAL
Feb 7 10:10 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(2) TENNESSEE 33
MISSISSIPPI ST 40 HALFTIME
Feb 7 8:53 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- UConn advances with record rout, beats Miss State 98-38 Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Mississippi St.-UConn Preview Mar 26
- Mississippi State set to take on top-seed UConn Mar 26
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24