Walker, Vital lift California past Oregon StateFeb 8, 2008 - 6:09 AM CORVALLIS, Oregon (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker and Natasha Vital each scored 17 points to lead No. 9 California to a 56-45 victory over Oregon State on Thursday night.
Walker made 4-of-7 shots from the field and grabbed eight rebounds while Vital hit all three of California's 3-pointers.
The Golden Bears (20-3, 11-1 Pac-10) got off to a dismal start in the first half, scoring just 11 points on 5-of-18 shooting, and trailed by two points at the break.
However, California responded in the second half, making 14-of-27 shots from the floor and 14-of-15 at the free-throw line in outscoring Oregon State, 45-32.
Alex Mitchell scored 13 points to lead the Beavers (10-13, 3-9), who shot just 37 percent (18-of-49).
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2
- Open tryouts to the Final Four: Oregon State's dramatic rise Mar 30
- Beavers celebrate first Final Four, but UConn looms Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Weisner leads Oregon State past St. Bonaventure 69-40 Mar 21