McCoughtry's 41 points powers Louisville past DePaulFeb 11, 2008 - 3:02 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Angel McCoughtry tied a career high with 41 points and also had nine rebounds to lead Louisville to a 79-68 victory over No. 25 DePaul on Sunday in a Big East Conference game.
Candyce Bingham scored 16 points for the Cardinals (16-7, 5-5 Big East).
Deirdre Naughton scored 22 points for the Blue Demons (16-7, 5-5), who had an eight-point lead in the first half but went into the break trailing, 38-34.
Allie Quigley scored 18 points and Natasha Williams added 10 for DePaul, which shot 15 percent (3-of-20) from 3-point range.
The game was tied for the seventh time at 56-56 with 7:25 remaining. McCoughtry hit a 3-pointer on the next possession to put Louisville up. After Naughton hit two free throws for the Blue Demons, consecutive layups by McCoughtry gave the Cardinals a 63-58 advantage with just over six minutes to play.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOUISVILLE 38 41 79
DEPAUL (25) 34 34 68 FINAL
Feb 10 7:15 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(25) DEPAUL 34 HALFTIME
Feb 10 5:38 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16