West Virginia turns up defense for ninth straight winFeb 14, 2008 - 4:49 AM MORGANTOWN, West Virginia (Ticker) -- Olayinka Sanni scored 17 points and Meg Bulger added 14 as No. 11 West Virginia recorded a 56-35 Big East victory over No. 18 Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Sanni shot 8-of-16 from the field and grabbed seven rebounds for the Mountaineers (20-3, 9-1 Big East), who reeled off their ninth straight win.
LaQuita Owens chipped in nine points and 10 rebounds for West Virginia, which limited Pittsburgh to 13 points in the first half en route to the lopsided win.
Ashleigh Braxton scored 13 points off the bench for the Panthers (18-6, 8-3), who finished 20 percent (12-of-59) from the field, including 3-of-16 on 3-pointers.
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- No. 22 West Virginia women top Kansas St. in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- West Virginia women whip No. 22 Oklahoma State 82-48 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21