Fitz, Flores lead Marist past NiagaraFeb 16, 2008 - 5:39 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, New York (Ticker) -- Rachele Fitz scored 20 points as No. 25 Marist posted a 66-51 victory over Niagara in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference matchup on Friday.
Nikki Flores also scored 20 points and reserve Lynzee Johnson added nine for The Red Foxes (24-2, 14-0 MAAC), who clinched their fifth straight league title.
Fitz, a sophomore, connected on 8-of-13 in becoming the player to reach 1,000 points fastest in school history. She also pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
The Red Foxes, who shot 46 percent (22-of-48), won their 14th consecutive contest.
Liz Flooks had 11 points and nine rebounds and Sarah Wilson added 10 and eight for the Purple Eagles (5-20, 3-11 MAAC), who shot 29 percent (19-of-65) and have dropped five in a row.
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53 Nov 27
- Second half surge leads Iowa to tourney win Mar 23
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- No. 7 Kentucky thumps Marist Dec 30
- Bonnies bounce Red Foxes in second round Mar 20
- Georgia bows to Red Foxes in first round Mar 18
- Duke punches ticket to the Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Marist weathers Cyclones in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Georgetown beats Marist 62-42 in return to tourney Mar 20
- Marist-Georgetown Preview Mar 19
- Yarde leads Marist over Fairfield, 66-49 Mar 7
- Stevenson scores 32 to lift No. 16 Oklahoma in OT Dec 9