Naughton steps up to halt streaking West VirginiaFeb 16, 2008 - 10:36 PM MORGANTOWN, West Virginia (Ticker) -- Deirdre Naughton scored 24 points and grabbed a career-high 15 rebounds as DePaul shocked No. 11 West Virginia, 81-80, in the Big East Conference on Saturday.
Naughton went 7-of-14 from the field with five 3-pointers and handed out five assists as the Blue Demons (20-4, 9-2 Big East) snapped the Mountaineers' nine-game winning streak.
China Threatt scored 15 points and Allie Quigley added 12 for DePaul, which overcame 41 percent (26-of-64) from the field by connecting on 14-of-30 3-pointers.
The Blue Demons also went 15-of-18 from the free-throw line, including six made attempts inside the final minute to seal the win.
LaQuita Owens scored 22 points and Olayinka Sanni chipped in 15 for West Virginia (20-4, 9-2), which held a 30-14 advantage in points in the paint.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17