Starks pours in 29 as Texas A&M downs Texas TechFeb 18, 2008 - 12:38 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Takia Starks scored a career-high 29 points to lead No. 19 Texas A&M to a 70-56 victory over Texas Tech on Sunday in a Big 12 Conference battle.
Danielle Gant added 15 points and nine rebounds and Starks finished 4-of-7 from the arc for the Aggies, who forced 24 turnovers and pulled down 15 offensive rebounds, leading to 17 second-chance points.
Texas A&M (18-7, 6-5 Big 12) led from start to finish, carrying a 34-28 lead into the break and extending the advantage in the second half. The Aggies shot 50 percent (12-of-24) in the final 20 minutes.
Dominic Seals scored 18 points on 5-of-8 shooting to lead the way for Texas Tech (14-11, 2-9), which lost its fifth straight game.
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25