Gant, strong first half carry Texas A&MFeb 21, 2008 - 4:55 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Danielle Gant had 22 points and seven rebounds as No. 19 Texas A&M cruised to a 60-46 victory over Big 12 Conference rival Iowa State on Wednesday.
The Aggies (19-7, 7-5 Big 12) broke the game open midway through the first half with a 20-0 run that gave the home team a 30-9 bulge with 3:05 left before halftime. Gant had eight points during the spurt.
No other Texas A&M player scored in double figures, but the Aggies committed just four turnovers and led by at least nine points for the entire second half.
Heather Ezell scored 14 points and Alison Lacey added 11 and seven rebounds for the Cyclones (16-9, 5-7), who shot 38 percent (16-of-42) from the floor.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IOWA ST 19 27 46
TEXAS A&M (19) 34 26 60 FINAL
Feb 20 9:42 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
IOWA ST 19
(19) TEXAS A&M 34 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:44 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1