No. 23 Marist ties record with 16th straight winFeb 24, 2008 - 11:11 PM POUGHKEEPSIE, New York (Ticker) -- Senior guard Nikki Flores tied a career-high with 21 points and also had six rebounds as No. 23 Marist defeated Manhattan, 71-61, in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference game on Sunday.
Rachele Fitz had her ninth double-double of the season with 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Red Foxes (26-2, 15-0).
Meg Dahlman had 16 points, six rebounds and four blocks as Marist tied a school record with its 16th consecutive wins, matching the mark set by the 2004-05 squad.
The Jaspers (14-13, 9-7) trailed, 60-56, with 5:26 to play before Flores took over, scoring six of the last 11 points for the Red Foxes.
Kelly Regan scored 14 points, Abby Wentworth 13 and Caitlin Flood 11 for Manhattan. Marist shot 51 percent (25-of-49) from the field, including a 16-of-25 effort (64 percent) in the first half.
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53 Nov 27
- Second half surge leads Iowa to tourney win Mar 23
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- No. 7 Kentucky thumps Marist Dec 30
- Bonnies bounce Red Foxes in second round Mar 20
- Georgia bows to Red Foxes in first round Mar 18
- Manhattan extends Olenowski's contract Jun 23
- Duke punches ticket to the Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Marist weathers Cyclones in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Georgetown beats Marist 62-42 in return to tourney Mar 20
- Marist-Georgetown Preview Mar 19
- Yarde leads Marist over Fairfield, 66-49 Mar 7