Wiggins helps Cardinal continue dominance of HuskiesMar 1, 2008 - 7:00 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins had 22 points and 10 rebounds and J.J. Hones scored 16 points as seventh-ranked Stanford rolled to a 73-53 victory over Washington in a Pac-10 Conference matchup Friday.
Wiggins was 9-of-18 from the floor to raise her career total to 2,400 points. The senior guard is just 14 points shy of Lisa Leslie's conference scoring record.
Leading by just two points at intermission, Stanford (26-3, 15-2 Pac-10) opened the second half with a 12-0 run to up its advantage to 50-36. Hones fueled the spurt by scoring eight points.
Jayne Appel had 12 points and seven assists and Kayla Pedersen scored 11 for the Cardinal, who have won 14 straight overall and nine of their last 10 meetings with the Huskies.
Andrea Plouffe scored 11 points for Washington (12-17, 7-10), which shot just 28 percent (21-of-76) in falling to 14-34 all-time against Stanford.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
STANFORD (7) 38 35 73
WASHINGTON 36 17 53 FINAL
Feb 29 11:43 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(7) STANFORD 38
WASHINGTON 36 HALFTIME
Feb 29 10:46 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24