California tops Washington State, ties school wins recordMar 1, 2008 - 7:13 AM PULLMAN, Washington (Ticker) -- Devanei Hampton scored 16 points and Ashley Walker added 15 as No. 9 California posted a 61-47 victory over Washington State on Friday in a Pac-10 Conference contest.
Alexis Gray-Lawson scored 12 points for the Golden Bears (24-4, 15-2 Pac-10), who matched the school record for victories set in 1983-84.
California, which recorded a 55-point triumph over Washington State earlier this season, led by just eight at halftime. The Cougars got within 48-41 with eight minutes remaining in the second half.
But Gray-Lawson sparked a 16-6 run with one of her three 3-pointers, and the Golden Bears never looked back.
Heather Molzen scored 14 points, Katie Appleton added 12 and Kezia Kelly 10 for Washington State (5-23, 2-15), which forced 23 turnovers.
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Payton leads Oregon State past Washington State 69-49 Feb 28
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Crozon, Rodriguez lead Utah women over Washington St 75-69 Feb 27
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- No. 14 UCLA women pull away from Washington State 73-61 Feb 13
- Hamblin, Weise lead No. 9 Oregon State women past WSU, 54-45 Feb 7