Dahlman, Flores lead Marist to undefeated MAAC runMar 2, 2008 - 3:26 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, New York (Ticker) -- Meg Dahlman and Nikki Flores each scored 17 points to lead No. 21 Marist to a 71-58 victory over St. Peter's on Saturday in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference action.
Rachele Fitz added 16 points for the Red Foxes (28-2, 18-0 MAAC), who won their 18th consecutive game to complete a perfect regular-season conference run.
Lynzee Johnson's layup with 6:11 remaining snapped a 50-50 tie and ignited a game-closing 21-8 run for Marist.
The Red Foxes, who shot just 32 percent (8-for-25) in the first half, pulled away in the second half in large part due to their 62 percent (16-of-26) shooting after the break.
Tania Kennedy paced the Peahens (18-11, 10-8) with 18 points.
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53 Nov 27
- Second half surge leads Iowa to tourney win Mar 23
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- No. 7 Kentucky thumps Marist Dec 30
- Bonnies bounce Red Foxes in second round Mar 20
- Georgia bows to Red Foxes in first round Mar 18
- Duke punches ticket to the Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Marist weathers Cyclones in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Georgetown beats Marist 62-42 in return to tourney Mar 20
- Marist-Georgetown Preview Mar 19
- Yarde leads Marist over Fairfield, 66-49 Mar 7
- Stevenson scores 32 to lift No. 16 Oklahoma in OT Dec 9