Evans, James Madison upend No. 11 Old DominionMar 2, 2008 - 11:42 PM HARRISONBURG, Virginia (Ticker) -- Dawn Evans led four James Madison players in double figures with 19 points Sunday as the Dukes defeated No. 11 Old Dominion, 76-63, in a Colonial Athletic Association upset.
The loss ended a 19-game winning streak for the Lady Monarchs (26-4, 16-1), who clinched the CAA regular-season title with an 82-44 victory over George Mason on Thursday.
James Madison (20-8, 13-4) went on a 14-7 run over the final 2:49 of the game. Tamera Young had 14 points and five rebounds, while Kisha Stokes finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Dukes.
Young's 3-pointer with 8:48 remaining gave James Madison a 51-49 lead. Old Dominion was never able to get closer than four points the rest of the way.
Jasmin Lawrence scored 11 points and Nina Uqdah had 10 rebounds for the Dukes. T.J. Jordan led the Lady Monarchs with 12 points and nine rebounds.
Shahida Williams and Tiffany Green each scored 10 points for Old Dominion.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OLD DOMINION (11) 20 43 63
JMU 26 50 76 FINAL
Mar 2 5:36 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(11) OLD DOMINION 20
JMU 26 HALFTIME
Mar 2 4:00 PM
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Middle Tennessee women beat Old Dominion in C-USA title game Mar 13
- James Madison beats Drexel 60-46 to win CAA, earn NCAA berth Mar 12
- James Madison women win third straight CAA championship Mar 12
- Davis helps No. 4 Baylor women beat James Madison 77-63 Dec 21
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49 Nov 26
- Buckeyes win shootout over JMU to advance Mar 21
- Texas A&M tops James Madison to advance Mar 26
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- Blue Devils take down Lady Monarchs Jan 2
- No. 10 UNC holds off James Madison Jan 2