Syracuse upends No. 13 West VirginiaMar 4, 2008 - 4:20 AM SYRACUSE, New York (Ticker) -- Freshman Erica Morrow scored 25 points and Chandrea Jones added 22 to lead Syracuse to a 73-51 rout of No. 13 West Virginia in the Big East Conference on Monday night.
Morrow hit 5-of-11 3-pointers and combined with Jones to nearly outscore the Mountaineers by themselves.
Syracuse (22-7, 10-6 Big East) finished 25-of-29 from the free-throw line, including 12-of-12 by Jones.
Morrow and Jones also split six steals at the Orange forced West Virginia (23-6, 12-4) into 25 turnovers that led to 39 points.
LaQuita Owens scored 12 points and Meg Bulger added 11 for the Mountaineers, who shot just 19 percent (5-of-26) in the first half and trailed, 31-18.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WEST VIRGINIA (13) 18 33 51
SYRACUSE 31 42 73 FINAL
Mar 3 9:10 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(13) WEST VIRGINIA 18
SYRACUSE 31 HALFTIME
Mar 3 8:12 PM
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Syracuse women reach new heights under Coach Q Mar 31
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26