Texas A&M beats Oklahoma State for Big 12 crownMar 16, 2008 - 3:58 AM KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- A'Quonesia Franklin scored 19 points to lead No. 12 Texas A&M to a 64-59 victory over No. 17 Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Conference tournament final on Saturday.
Morenike Atunrase scored 14 points and Danielle Gant added 11 for the Aggies (26-7), who won the conference tournament title for the first time.
Texas A&M did not shoot the ball particularly well, hitting just 24-of-64 (38 percent) from the field, but the Aggies were 9-of-21 from the arc and outrebounded the Cowgirls, 40-30.
Andrea Riley scored 28 points and Danielle Green added 17 for Oklahoma State (25-7), which shot just 31 percent (9-of-29) in the first half as Texas A&M opened up a 33-24 lead.
- BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP
AT KANSAS CITY MO
NCAA WOMENS BB BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS A&M (12) 33 31 64
OKLAHOMA ST (17) 24 35 59 FINAL
Mar 15 9:51 PM
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure-Oklahoma St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- West Virginia women whip No. 22 Oklahoma State 82-48 Feb 27