NCAA Game Summary - Buffalo at OhioNov 5, 2010 - 6:24 AM Athens, OH (Sports Network) - Boo Jackson accounted for four touchdowns -- two passing, one rushing and one receiving -- as the Ohio Bobcats topped the Buffalo Bulls, 34-17, in Mid-American Conference action Thursday night at Peden Stadium.
Terrence McCrae caught four balls for 48 yards, including both touchdown receptions, and Ryan Boykin ran for a score in the win for the Bobcats (7-3), winners of six straight.
Alex Zordich threw for a touchdown and ran for a score for the Bulls (2-7), who have lost four straight.
Buffalo entered the fourth quarter down 27-10. and on its second drive it was Zordich converting on a keeper at the 12:10 mark to extend the Bulls' hopes.
Not wanting to be outdone, Jackson lead Ohio on a 10-play, 71-yard drive, culminating with a 15-yard pass to McCrae, their second hookup of the night.
Zordich attempted a final surge, but after being sacked for an 11-yard loss on the second play of the drive, the Bulls were forced to punt, allowing Ohio to run out the final 3:36 of the game.
Ohio opened the game with an eight-play, 60-yard drive that culminated on a one-yard keeper by Jackson for the early 7-0 lead.
The Bulls tried to respond with a 49-yard field goal attempt midway through the quarter but the kick went wide left. The Bobcats responded on the following drive with a Phil Bates-to-Jackson 26-yard connection that extended their lead 14-0.
The Bobcats continued their dominance in the second as Alphonso Lewis intercepted Zordich's pass on the second play of the quarter, and Ohio added seven more with a Boykin one-yard run with 7:17 remaining to go up 21-0.
The Bulls got on the board with 3:06 remaining in the half when Zordich connected on a 17-yard pass to Marcus Rivers to cut Ohio's lead to 14.
Jackson added a passing touchdown in the third, on a 15-yarder to McCrae, to put Ohio up 27-7 after the missed extra point. Buffalo tried to counter but only mustered an A. J. Principe field goal midway through the quarter.
- Ohio university pays player $712K to settle concussion suit May 4
- UBuffalo football coach Leipold agrees to 1-year extension Apr 20
- Penn State RB Barkley looking to evolve this spring, summer Apr 4
- Football player mistaken for burglar, shot by ex-teammate Mar 20
- University at Buffalo player dies a week after medical issue Mar 1
- University at Buffalo player hospitalized after team session Feb 22
- Big Ten football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Camellia Bowl Preview Capsule Dec 18
- Appalachian State squares off against Ohio in Camellia Bowl Dec 18
- Bowls and bowls and bowls and reasons to watch all of them Dec 16
- Camelia Bowl Matchup Dec 6
- Buffalo promotes Greene to take over as athletic director Nov 24