Moore, Boise State have record day against HawaiiNov 7, 2010 - 12:19 AM
Moore, who also threw two interceptions, nonetheless passed Ryan Dinwiddie for the most touchdown passes in school history with 85. His beneficiaries in this contest were Austin Pettis, with 122 yards on eight catches, Tyler Shoemaker who racked up 117 yards on five receptions and Titus Young, who struck for 99 yards on five grabs.
Jeremy Avery posted 92 rushing yards and three scores on 10 carries for the Broncos (8-0, 4-0 WAC), who set a new record with 737 yards of total offense.
Bryant Moniz was 17-of-28 for 127 yards for the Warriors (7-3, 5-1), whose six-game win streak came to a crashing halt.
Alex Green gained 107 yards on 10 carries and recorded Hawaii's lone score on a 54-yard touchdown run. Rodney Bradley paced the receivers with 54 yards on five catches.
Despite coughing up the football on their opening series, the Broncos hit the scoreboard on their second drive of the contest, as Avery hit the end zone on a 14-yard run, but the two-point conversion failed.
It was 13-0 for BSU early in the second quarter as Moore connected with Shoemaker on a 12-yard touchdown.
Avery added a four-yard TD run to the near-side pylon at the left corner of the end zone, and Pettis rushed for the conversion as the Broncos took a three-score edge into halftime.
Moore threw two more TD passes in the third quarter, a 43-yarder to Pettis which capped a 60-yard drive and an 83-yard strike down the middle of the field to Young.
Avery notched his third rushing score on the first play of the fourth quarter and Boise State moved ahead by a 42-0 count.
A 54-yard scoring run by Green finally put Hawaii on the board on the ensuing drive, but the visitors couldn't mount any more offense on two successive drives during the remainder of the contest.
Boise State's defense recorded seven sacks and held Hawaii to 196 yards of total offense...The Broncos picked up 30 first downs to 11 for the Warriors...Pettis now has 190 receptions in his career, breaking the previous school record set by Don Hutt.
- NC State adds 2 graduate transfers to football program May 16
- Julius Brown joins Utah State's staff as cornerbacks coach Feb 10
- SEC football recruiting team capsules Feb 3
- Vanderbilt signs balanced class: 10 on offense, 9 on defense Feb 3
- Hill, Huff named co-offensive coordinators at Boise State Jan 29
- Arizona to hire Boise State's Yates as defensive coordinator Jan 18
- NC State hires Boise State's Drinkwitz to run offense Jan 11
- AP All-Bowl Team features Kohlhausen, McCaffrey, Fournette Jan 5
- Bowl Capsules Dec 23
- Bahamas Bowl could feature plenty of fireworks again Dec 23
- Californians crowd BSU's roster in Poinsettia Bowl vs NIU Dec 22
- Poinsettia Bowl capsule Dec 22