Philadelphia U's Magee reaches 1K winsFeb 7, 2015 - 11:51 PM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Philadelphia University's Herb Magee became the second men's basketball coach in NCAA history to reach 1,000 wins.
Magee coached the Division II Rams to an 80-60 victory over Post University on Saturday, improving to 1,000-397 in his 48-year career.
Known as "The Shot Doctor" for his frequent tutoring of NBA players, Magee joined fellow Basketball Hall of Famer Mike Krzyzewski as the only NCAA men's basketball coaches with 1,000 wins.
Krzyzewski, the longtime Duke coach, reached the mark last month in a win over St. John's at Madison Square Garden. He is 1,003-309 in 40 seasons with Duke and Army.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Providence knocks off BU to take national title Apr 12
- BU's Eichel wins 2015 Hobey Baker Award Apr 10
- North Dakota's McIntyre wins Richter Award Apr 10
- Minnesota State-Mankato earns top seed for NCAA hockey tourney Mar 22
- UMass beats Notre Dame in 5-OT hockey classic Mar 7
- Grzelcyk's OT winner snaps BU's long Beanpot drought Feb 24
- Northeastern upends BC, to meet BU in Beanpot final Feb 4
- Union extends Bennett through 2022 May 22
- State of Union: First-time national champions Apr 12
- Hobey winner Gaudreau looking to buck trend, gain NHL success Apr 12
- Gaudreau wins 2014 Hobey Baker Award, signs with Flames Apr 11