Pryor lifts Raiders over LionsAug 26, 2012 - 3:48 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Terrelle Pryor threw a pair of touchdown passes and ran one in in the second half to give the Oakland Raiders a 31-20 win over the Detroit Lions in preseason action.
Juron Criner caught both of the scores, Darren McFadden had a rushing touchdown and Eddy Carmona booted a 56-yard field goal for the Raiders, who won their first game of the preseason.
Oakland starting quarterback Carson Palmer went 17-for-26 for 181 yards, but was picked off twice.
Kellen Moore and Shaun Hill each had a touchdown pass for the Lions, who dropped to 1-2 on the preseason. Brandon Pettigrew and Alex Gottlieb each caught a touchdown pass in the loss.
Detroit starter Matthew Stafford was 8-for-10 for 68 yards before leaving the game in the second quarter with an injury to his non-throwing hand.
"Yeah, he got his hand banged up," said Lions head coach Jim Schwartz. "We'll see. I think he's OK."
Jason Hanson's 41-yard field goal was the only points of the first quarter and it staked the Lions to a 3-0 lead.
McFadden punched the ball into the end zone from a yard out with 6 1/2 minutes to play in the second to give the Raiders a 7-3 lead.
Hanson hit a 30-yard field goal and Carmona booted his long attempt through as the clock expired to give the Raider a 10-6 lead at the break.
Detroit started the second half with the ball and was able to take the lead as a 10-play, 72-yard march was capped on a seven-yard score by Pettigrew from Hill.
The Raiders, though, took the lead for good late in the third on a 17-yard run into the end zone by Pryor to make it a 17-13 game.
Oakland's first drive of the fourth was successful as Criner caught a 39-yard score from Pryor and he added a 76-yard score later in the fourth for a 31-13 lead.
Gottlieb's 10-yard touchdown catch from Moore late in the game accounted for the final score.
- DETROIT: 20
Aug 25 10:29 PM
- == Preseason == Detroit Touchdown - 10-yard pass from Kellen Moore to Alex Gottlieb. (Derek
Lions 20, Raiders 31 4th - 3:32Aug 25 10:24 PM
- == Preseason == Oakland Touchdown - 76-yard pass from Terrelle Pryor to Juron Criner. (Eddy
Lions 13, Raiders 31 4th - 5:29Aug 25 10:22 PM
- == Preseason == Oakland Touchdown - 39-yard pass from Terrelle Pryor to Juron Criner. (Eddy
Lions 13, Raiders 24 4th - 11:44Aug 25 10:01 PM
- DETROIT: 13
End of 3rd
Aug 25 9:32 PM
- == Preseason == Oakland Touchdown - 17-yard run by Terrelle Pryor. (Eddy Carmona kick).
Lions 13, Raiders 17 3rd - 0:30Aug 25 9:28 PM
- == Preseason == Detroit Touchdown - 7-yard pass from Shaun Hill to Brandon Pettigrew. (Derek
Lions 13, Raiders 10 3rd - 9:33Aug 25 9:09 PM
- DETROIT: 6
Aug 25 8:42 PM
- == Preseason == Detroit Field Goal - 30-yarder by Jason Hanson.
Lions 6, Raiders 7 2nd - 5:24Aug 25 8:14 PM
- == Preseason == Oakland Touchdown - 1-yard run by Darren McFadden. (Sebastian Janikowski kic
Lions 3, Raiders 7 2nd - 6:29Aug 25 8:09 PM
- DETROIT: 3
End of 1st
Aug 25 7:45 PM
- == Preseason == Detroit Field Goal - 41-yarder by Jason Hanson.
Lions 3, Raiders 0 1st - 1:51Aug 25 7:35 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 25 7:08 PM
- QB Jake Rudock seems to be in good position with Lions May 19
- Broncos still playing the Rodney Dangerfield card May 18
- Saints sign 3 tryout players from last week's rookie camp May 16
- Veteran DE Jason Jones signs with Dolphins May 16
- AP source: Jones in final stages of talks with Dolphins May 13
- Raiders 1st-round pick Karl Joseph not ready for practice May 13
- Detroit's Killebrew was an aggressive athlete even as a kid May 12
- Raiders sign undrafted free agent Greg Townsend Jr. May 11
- Raiders sign 5th-round pick DeAndre Washington May 10
- Lions rookie knew about team's woes from Alabama roommate May 10
- Lions acquire Patriots LB Jon Bostic for conditional pick May 9
- Packers sign 2nd-round draft pick Jason Spriggs May 9