Forsett, Texans beat VikingsAug 31, 2012 - 2:52 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Justin Forsett ran for 114 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 13 carries as the Houston Texans wrapped up their preseason slate with a 28-24 win over the Minnesota Vikings at Reliant Stadium.
John Beck got the start in place of Matt Schaub and threw for 149 yards and a touchdown on 6-of-10 passing, while Texas native Case Keenum, who was signed by the club as an undrafted rookie free agent, completed 5-of-10 passes for 43 yards.
DeVier Posey hauled in two passes for 93 yards and a touchdown for the Texans, who open their regular season on Sept. 9 at home against the Miami Dolphins.
Minnesota's McLeod Bethel-Thompson threw for 193 yards, one touchdown and one interception on 15-of-29 passing, while Sage Rosenfels connected on 7-of-11 through the air for 111 yards and a score.
Jordan Todman carried the ball 10 times and racked up 114 yards and a touchdown, while Devin Aromashodu and Jarius Wright caught touchdown passes in the setback for the Vikings, who will start the regular season on Sept. 9 at home against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Houston opened the scoring on the first offensive possession of the game as Beck led his troops 83 yards in six plays before Forsett ran off the left guard for a three-yard touchdown.
The Vikings bridged the first and second quarters with a 14-play, 64-yard drive, which culminated in a 36-yard field goal from Blair Walsh to cut the deficit to 7-3.
The Texans extended their lead to 14-3 late in the second quarter when Beck hit Posey for an 80-yard touchdown strike, but the Vikings answered with a 58- yard touchdown pass from Rosenfels to Aromashodu to make it a 14-10 game at halftime.
Trindon Holliday took a punt from Chris Kluwe 76 yards for the score early in the third to extend the lead to 21-10, but Bethel-Thompson hooked up with Wright on a 59-yard touchdown pass on the Vikings' ensuing touch to pull them within 21-17.
Forsett broke through the line behind the right guard for a five-yard score early in the fourth, but Todman beat the Houston defense up the middle for a 76-yard touchdown scamper to cap the scoring.
- MINNESOTA: 24
Aug 30 10:27 PM
- MINNESOTA: 24
End of 3rd
Aug 30 9:37 PM
- == Preseason == Minnesota Touchdown - 76-yard run by Jordan Todman. (Blair Walsh kick).
Vikings 24, Texans 28 3rd - 6:55Aug 30 9:24 PM
- == Preseason == Houston Touchdown - 5-yard run by Justin Forsett. (Shayne Graham kick).
Vikings 17, Texans 28 3rd - 7:27Aug 30 9:19 PM
- == Preseason == Minnesota Touchdown - 59-yard pass from McLeod Bethel-Thompson to Jarius Wri
Vikings 17, Texans 21 3rd - 11:22Aug 30 9:07 PM
- == Preseason == Houston Touchdown - 76-yard punt return by Trindon Holliday. (Shayne Graham
Vikings 10, Texans 21 3rd - 13:26Aug 30 9:01 PM
- MINNESOTA: 10
Aug 30 8:44 PM
- == Preseason == Minnesota Touchdown - 58-yard pass from Sage Rosenfels to Devin Aromashodu.
Vikings 10, Texans 14 2nd - 0:33Aug 30 8:40 PM
- == Preseason == Houston Touchdown - 80-yard pass from John Beck to DeVier Posey. (Shayne Gra
Vikings 3, Texans 14 2nd - 4:21Aug 30 8:16 PM
- == Preseason == Minnesota Field Goal - 36-yarder by Blair Walsh.
Vikings 3, Texans 7 2nd - 14:11Aug 30 7:44 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
End of 1st
Aug 30 7:39 PM
- == Preseason == Houston Touchdown - 3-yard run by Justin Forsett. (Shayne Graham kick).
Vikings 0, Texans 7 1st - 12:01Aug 30 7:15 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 30 7:08 PM
- Minnesota businessman Wheelock Whitney Jr. dies May 20
- Titans waive Mettenberger, clearing space for 4 new signees May 16
- Veteran departures pave way for duo in Bears rookie camp May 13
- Vikings sign 1st-round draft pick WR Laquon Treadwell May 12
- Vikings sign former Augustana RB C.J. Ham May 10
- Broncos center Matt Paradis now the mainstay on the O-line May 9
- New York Giants sign 4 players who had tryout last week May 9
- Paxton Lynch makes his Broncos debut May 6
- Jets' Hackenberg 'buried' criticism, excited for fresh start May 6
- Hey, rook: The Vikings don't have that much room for you May 6
- Vikings sign 6 more draft picks; only Treadwell unsigned May 6
- Adrian Peterson donating $100K to flood relief in hometown May 4