Cutler helps Bears past RaidersAug 24, 2013 - 5:26 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Chicago Bears scored the game's first 27 points behind strong performances from Jay Cutler, Matt Forte and Michael Bush en route to defeating the Oakland Raiders, 34-26, in preseason action on Friday.
Cutler threw for a touchdown and 142 yards on 12-of-21 efficiency, while Forte racked up 76 yards on six carries with a touchdown catch. Bush added two rushing scores in the victory.
The Chicago defense harassed Oakland starting signal caller Matt Flynn, picking him off twice and limiting him to a 3-of-6 performance for 19 yards. Terrelle Pryor, though, faired much better. He completed 7-of-9 throws for 93 yards while accumulating a passing and a rushing touchdown in the second half.
The Bears received a 45-yard field goal from Robbie Gould on their first possession, and the offense was back on the field quickly after Tim Jennings picked off Flynn's first pass of Oakland's second series.
On the next play, Cutler threw short to Forte, who rumbled 32 yards for a touchdown and a 10-0 Chicago lead.
The Bears were back in the end zone again soon after, with a 35-yard rush from Forte keying a 6-play series that ended on a 10-yard TD run by Bush. Bush then added a 1-yard score early in the second to help Chicago build a 24-0 lead.
Sebastian Janikowski's 49-yard missed field goal set up Bush's first score, but he was able to counter a Gould 53-yarder with a 58-yard bomb at the conclusion of the half to make it 27-3.
Pryor took a hold of the offense in the second half and thrived, scrambling for a 25-yard touchdown on his first possession. The Raiders got a 30-yard field goal from Janikowski after making a fourth down stop, and Pryor hooked up with Nick Kasa for a 19-yard touchdown on his final drive to make it a 27-20 game.
Matt McGloin took the reins next for Oakland with a chance to tie the game, but was picked off by C.J. Wilson. Michael Ford then ran for a 15-yard touchdown to re-establish a two-score lead for Chicago.
McGloin came back to toss a 5-yard TD pass to Jamize Olawale, but was picked off again, this time by Jerry Franklin, on Oakland's last possession.
- CHICAGO: 34
Aug 24 1:06 AM
- Oakland Touchdown - 5-yard pass from Matt McGloin to Jamize Olawale. (pass f
Bears 34, Raiders 26 4th - 4:07Aug 24 12:51 AM
- Chicago Touchdown - 15-yard run by Michael Ford. (Robbie Gould kick).
Bears 34, Raiders 20 4th - 9:43Aug 24 12:37 AM
- CHICAGO: 27
End of 3rd
Aug 24 12:22 AM
- Oakland Touchdown - 19-yard pass from Terrelle Pryor to Nick Kasa. (Sebastia
Bears 27, Raiders 20 3rd - 0:34Aug 24 12:20 AM
- Oakland Field Goal 30-yarder by Sebastian Janikowski.
Bears 27, Raiders 13 3rd - 4:38Aug 24 12:12 AM
- Oakland Touchdown - 25-yard run by Terrelle Pryor. (Sebastian Janikowski kic
Bears 27, Raiders 10 3rd - 10:10Aug 23 11:57 PM
- CHICAGO: 27
Aug 23 11:33 PM
- Chicago Field Goal - 53-yarder by Robbie Gould.
Bears 27, Raiders 0 2nd - 0:59Aug 23 11:25 PM
- Chicago Touchdown - 1-yard run by Michael Bush. (Robbie Gould kick).
Bears 24, Raiders 0 2nd - 10:09Aug 23 11:02 PM
- CHICAGO: 17
End of 1st
Aug 23 10:50 PM
- Chicago Touchdown - 10-yard run by Michael Bush. (Robbie Gould kick).
Bears 17, Raiders 0 1st - 2:17Aug 23 10:41 PM
- Chicago Touchdown - 32-yard pass from Jay Cutler to Matt Forte. (Robbie Goul
Bears 10, Raiders 0 1st - 7:02Aug 23 10:32 PM
- Chicago Field Goal - 45-yarder by Robbie Gould.
Bears 3, Raiders 0 1st - 8:41Aug 23 10:23 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 23 10:09 PM
- Broncos still playing the Rodney Dangerfield card May 18
- Raiders 1st-round pick Karl Joseph not ready for practice May 13
- Veteran departures pave way for duo in Bears rookie camp May 13
- Eagles hire Joe Douglas, Andy Weidl to lead personnel staff May 12
- Raiders sign undrafted free agent Greg Townsend Jr. May 11
- Raiders sign 5th-round pick DeAndre Washington May 10
- Raiders sign free-agent DE Damontre Moore May 10
- Lions acquire Patriots LB Jon Bostic for conditional pick May 9
- Two-time Super Bowl winner Justin Tuck retires as a Giant May 6
- Raiders DE Mario Edwards says he has been cleared to play May 6
- Indianapolis Colts sign 4th-round pick Antonio Morrison May 6
- AP Source: Raiders decline 5th-year option on CB DJ Hayden May 2