Luck leads Colts in rout of BrownsAug 25, 2013 - 2:54 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Andrew Luck went 16-for-25 for 164 yards, two touchdowns and an interception, as the Indianapolis Colts defeated the Cleveland Browns, 27-6, on Saturday.
Luck also ran four times for 20 yards for the Colts. Seven of his completions went to Reggie Wayne, who finished with 79 yards. Kerwynn Williams led the game in rushing with nine carries for 37 yards.
Brandon Weeden completed just 12-of-25 passes for 105 yards while Jason Campbell went 8-for-14 for 112 yards for the Browns, who were penalized nine times in the contest. Trent Richardson rushed seven times for 31 yards.
The Browns were held scoreless and limited to just 104 total yards in the first half.
Adam Vinatieri drilled a 32-yard field goal midway through the first quarter to put Indianapolis on the board.
In the second, Luck found Stanley Havili for a 3-yard touchdown. He extended the Colts' lead even further on their opening drive of the third quarter, throwing an 8-yard touchdown strike to T.Y. Hilton for a 17-0 advantage.
Shayne Graham got the Browns on the board with 7:16 left in the period after booting a 50-yard field goal. However, Vinatieri responded late in the quarter, nailing a 25-yard field goal to give the Colts a 20-3 lead.
In the fourth, Graham split the uprights from 44 yards out with 4:33 remaining and the Browns followed by recovering an onside kick. However, on the first play, Brian Hoyer threw a short pass intended for Cordell Roberson and was intercepted by Larry Asante, who returned it 48 yards for the score.
- CLEVELAND: 6
Aug 24 10:08 PM
- Indianapolis Touchdown - 48-yard interception return by Larry Asante. (Brand
Browns 6, Colts 27 4th - 4:33Aug 24 9:57 PM
- Cleveland Field Goal - 44-yarder by Shayne Graham.
Browns 6, Colts 20 4th - 4:38Aug 24 9:55 PM
- CLEVELAND: 3
End of 3rd
Aug 24 9:19 PM
- Indianapolis Field Goal - 25-yarder by Adam Vinatieri.
Browns 3, Colts 20 3rd - 1:20Aug 24 9:19 PM
- Cleveland Field Goal - 50-yarder by Shayne Graham.
Browns 3, Colts 17 3rd - 7:21Aug 24 9:04 PM
- Indianapolis Touchdown - 8-yard pass from Andrew Luck to T.Y. Hilton. (Adam
Browns 0, Colts 17 3rd - 11:17Aug 24 8:55 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
Aug 24 8:30 PM
- Indianapolis Touchdown - 3-yard pass from Andrew Luck to Stanley Havili. (Ad
Browns 0, Colts 10 2nd - 8:13Aug 24 8:06 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
End of 1st
Aug 24 7:34 PM
- Indianapolis Field Goal - 32-yarder by Adam Vinatieri.
Browns 0, Colts 3 1st - 8:56Aug 24 7:16 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 24 7:08 PM
- Browns cut veteran WR Brian Hartline May 23
- Former Browns center Tom DeLeone dies at age 65 May 22
- Ex-NFL player chosen to be next Pittsburgh schools head May 19
- Browns' Haden sheds walking boot, eager for healthier season May 18
- Jaguars sign veteran Linkenbach, release Oberkrom May 17
- Browns sign rookie wide receiver Corey Coleman, first pick May 13
- 'Believeland' film examines Cleveland's deep sports passion May 13
- Jaguars sign former 1st-round draft pick Bjoern Werner May 11
- Ex-NFL player denies Ohio golf course assault charges May 10
- Cleveland Browns' player is Ohio teen's surprise prom date May 8
- Colts give former college star Golson chance to shine May 8
- Indianapolis Colts sign 4th-round pick Antonio Morrison May 6