Daniel leads Chiefs in overtime win against SteelersAug 25, 2013 - 3:36 AM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - Chase Daniel hooked up with Rico Richardson for a 15-yard touchdown on the first possession of overtime to lift the Kansas City Chiefs to a 26-20 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third preseason game for both teams at Heinz Field.
Ryan Succop drilled a 38-yard field goal late in regulation to force overtime before Daniel led the Chiefs on a 13-play, 71-yard scoring drive to win the game.
Daniel scrambled for 18 yards on 3rd-and-16 from the Pittsburgh 47 to keep the march moving before Shaun Draughn rumbled three yards on 4th-and-1 from the 20 for a fresh set of downs.
Three plays later, Daniel hit Richardson for the deciding score to lift the Chiefs to victory.
Daniel finished 14-of-24 passing for 152 yards and a touchdown, while starting signal-caller Alex Smith completed 17-of-24 throws for 158 yards and score.
Dwayne Bowe led all receivers with six catches for 73 yards.
Ben Roethlisberger passed for 166 yards and a touchdown on 13-of-19 passes while playing the entire first half under center for the Steelers. Backup Brad Gradkowski went 8-of-17 for 115 yards and a score.
Roethlisberger found Antonio Brown for 49 yards on Pittsburgh's second play from scrimmage, setting up a 28-yard field goal by Shaun Suisham.
Pittsburgh stuffed Jamal Charles on 4th-and-1 from the Kansas City 21 on the ensuing touch, and six plays later, Roethlisberger hit Jonathan Dwyer for a 13-yard touchdown to give the Steelers a 10-0 lead.
After the Chiefs blocked Suisham's 52-yard field goal attempt late in the second, Smith scrambled 38 yards down the left sideline to set up Succop's 19- yard field goal to bring the Chiefs within 10-3.
KC then tied the game with under a minute left in the half when Smith hooked up with Junior Hemingway for a 5-yard score to send the teams into the break locked at 10-10.
Gradkowski hit Markus Wheaton for a 34-yard score late in the third quarter, but Knile Davis returned the ensuing kick 109 yards for a touchdown to tie the game.
Suisham added a 27-yard field goal early in the fourth to put the Steelers in front, but Succop connected on a 38-yarder with under two minutes left to force overtime.
- KANSAS CITY: 26
Final - OT
Aug 24 11:09 PM
- Kansas City Touchdown - 15-yard pass from Chase Daniel to Rico Richardson.
Chiefs 26, Steelers 20 OT - 8:59Aug 24 11:09 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 20
End of Regulation
Aug 24 10:51 PM
- Kansas City Field Goal - 38-yarder by Ryan Succop.
Chiefs 20, Steelers 20 4th - 1:37Aug 24 10:41 PM
- Pittsburgh Field Goal - 27-yarder by Shaun Suisham.
Chiefs 17, Steelers 20 4th - 11:10Aug 24 10:11 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 17
End of 3rd
Aug 24 10:00 PM
- Kansas City Touchdown - 109-yard kickoff return by Knile Davis. (Ryan Succop
Chiefs 17, Steelers 17 3rd - 1:59Aug 24 10:00 PM
- Pittsburgh Tochdown - 34-yard pass from Bruce Gradkowski to Markus Wheaton.
Chiefs 10, Steelers 17 3rd - 2:06Aug 24 9:59 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 10
Aug 24 9:06 PM
- Kansas City Touchdown - 5-yard pass from Alex Smith to Junior Hemingway. (Ry
Chiefs 10, Steelers 10 2nd - 0:21Aug 24 9:06 PM
- Kansas City Field Goal - 19-yarder by Ryan Succop.
Chiefs 3, Steelers 10 2nd - 3:01Aug 24 8:51 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 0
End of 1st
Aug 24 8:21 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 2:51
Chiefs 0, Steelers 10 1st - 2:51Aug 24 8:11 PM
- Pittsburgh Field Goal - 28-yarder by Shaun Suisham.
Chiefs 0, Steelers 3 1st - 6:31Aug 24 8:07 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 24 7:39 PM
- Ex-NFL player launching site to honor Joplin tornado victim May 20
- Broncos still playing the Rodney Dangerfield card May 18
- Steelers sign tight end David Johnson to 1-year deal May 17
- Broncos linebacker Shane Ray bulks up for 2nd season May 11
- Burfict, Jones take Bengals-Steelers rivalry to soccer May 10
- Buffalo Bills claim running back Dri Archer off waivers May 10
- Chiefs swap DBs, offensive linemen after rookie minicamp May 10
- Chiefs wrap 3-day rookie minicamp with plenty of questions May 9
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill arrives for minicamp amid controversy May 7
- Chiefs sign 6 of 9 draft picks, undrafted free agents May 6
- AP Source: Chiefs reach deal with 2nd-round pick Chris Jones May 5
- Tackle Mike Adams among 3 cut by Steelers May 5