Hoyer throws for 307 yards as Browns down BearsAug 30, 2013 - 3:24 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Spencer Lanning's 32-yard field goal with 3:15 remaining lifted the Cleveland Browns to an 18-16 win over the Chicago Bears in the preseason finale for both teams.
Brian Hoyer was 24-of-35 for 307 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions for the Browns, who finished the preseason 3-1 and will host the Miami Dolphins in Week 1.
Joe Anderson caught four passes for 64 yards and a touchdown for Chicago, which went 2-2 during the preseason and will host the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 1.
Robbie Gould's 52-yard field goal on Chicago's first drive of the game opened the scoring and Anderson's 5-yard TD reception from Jordan Palmer early in the second made it 10-0.
Lanning booted through a 32-yarder right as time expired in the first half and Gould added a 21-yarder during the early stages of the third for a 13-3 Bears edge.
James-Michael Johnson returned an interception 23 yards for a score, although the two-point conversion was unsuccessful halfway through the third. Gould booted through a 44-yarder early in the fourth to make it 16-9 before Dan Gronkowski hauled in a 14-yard score from Hoyer midway through the fourth. But again, the two-point conversion was unsuccessful.
- CLEVELAND: 18
Aug 29 11:02 PM
- Cleveland Field Goal - 40-yarder by Spencer Lanning.
Browns 18, Bears 16 4th - 3:15Aug 29 10:40 PM
- Cleveland Touchdown - 14-yard pass from Brian Hoyer to Dan Gronkowski. (Pass
Browns 15, Bears 16 4th - 6:47Aug 29 10:28 PM
- Chicago Field Goal - 44-yarder by Robbie Gould.
Browns 9, Bears 16 4th - 10:22Aug 29 10:20 PM
- CLEVELAND: 9
End of 3rd
Aug 29 10:08 PM
- Cleveland Touchdown - 23-yard interception return by James Michael Johnson.
Browns 9, Bears 13 3rd - 7:53Aug 29 9:53 PM
- Chicago Field Goal - 21-yarder by Robbie Gould.
Browns 3, Bears 13 3rd - 9:35Aug 29 9:43 PM
- CLEVELAND: 3
Aug 29 9:22 PM
- Chicago Touchdown - 5-yard pass from Jordan Palmer to Joe Anderson. (Robbie
Browns 0, Bears 10 2nd - 12:08Aug 29 8:42 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
End of 1st
Aug 29 8:34 PM
- Chicago Field Goal - 52-yarder by Robbie Gould.
Browns 0, Bears 3 1st - 10:26Aug 29 8:16 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 29 8:07 PM
- Browns cut veteran WR Brian Hartline May 23
- Former Browns center Tom DeLeone dies at age 65 May 22
- Browns' Haden sheds walking boot, eager for healthier season May 18
- Veteran departures pave way for duo in Bears rookie camp May 13
- Browns sign rookie wide receiver Corey Coleman, first pick May 13
- 'Believeland' film examines Cleveland's deep sports passion May 13
- Eagles hire Joe Douglas, Andy Weidl to lead personnel staff May 12
- Ex-NFL player denies Ohio golf course assault charges May 10
- Lions acquire Patriots LB Jon Bostic for conditional pick May 9
- Cleveland Browns' player is Ohio teen's surprise prom date May 8
- Indianapolis Colts sign 4th-round pick Antonio Morrison May 6
- Police: Ex-NFL player assaults man on Ohio golf course May 6