Chiefs swap DBs, offensive linemen after rookie minicampMay 10, 2016 - 5:21 PM KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) The Chiefs have signed defensive back Shannon Edwards and offensive linemen Garrick Mayweather, Drew Nowak and Zach Sterup following the completion of their three-day rookie minicamp.
Defensive back Jordan Kovacs and offensive linemen Jake Bernstein, Ben Clarke and Laurence Gibson were released Tuesday to clear roster space for the new additions.
Edwards, a standout at Fresno State, impressed the Chiefs by picking off a couple passes during the minicamp. But he remains a longshot to make the roster after the Chiefs drafted three other cornerbacks.
The 6-foot-3, 330-pound Mayweather played at Fordham and the 6-9, 320-pound Sterup played at Nebraska. Nowak was signed as an undrafted free agent by Jacksonville in 2012 and has spent time with Seattle.
AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ex-NFL player launching site to honor Joplin tornado victim May 20
- Ex-NFL player chosen to be next Pittsburgh schools head May 19
- Seahawks sign LB Khairi Fortt, waives LB Christian French May 16
- Russell Wilson takes jab at NC State; great lesson learned May 15
- Seahawks' Lockette steps away after injury: 'Life goes on' May 12
- Wednesday Sports In Brief May 12
- Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette retiring May 11
- Broncos linebacker Shane Ray bulks up for 2nd season May 11
- Seahawks sign 5 tryout players from rookie minicamp May 9
- Chiefs wrap 3-day rookie minicamp with plenty of questions May 9
- Seahawks trio of rookie RBs get long look during minicamp May 8