Jets take down PanthersNov 1, 2011 - 4:54 AM
After a scoreless first round, Ladd beat Jose Theodore and Kyle Wellwood followed a Mike Santorelli miss with a goal to seal the Jets' second win in three games.
Evander Kane scored a pair of goals, including the game-tying goal with 50 seconds remaining in regulation, while Wellwood added a first-period goal.
Ondrej Pavelec stopped 39 shots for the Jets.
Tomas Fleischmann scored twice in the third period, while Jason Garrison also had a goal for the Panthers, who got 28 saves from Theodore.
"We felt like we played hard tonight," Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen said. "At the end of the day, we felt like it was two points that we could have and fairly obviously should have had."
The Jets, who were shut out by the Lightning on Saturday, quickly jumped out to a 2-0 lead.
Ladd assisted on the first goal, settling the puck behind the net before finding a charging Wellwood in front for a 1-0 advantage 3:44 into the first.
Midway through the period the Jets took advantage of a power play opportunity, as Kane beat Theodore with a slap shot.
But the Panthers, who have played in four straight one-goal games, rallied with three straight goals.
With 20 seconds left in the first, a series of strong shifts in the Jets zone finally resulted in a goal, as Garrison's long-range slap shot made it a 2-1 contest.
Following a scoreless second, Fleischmann tapped in a rebound off of a Mike Weaver shot early in the final frame for a game-tying tally.
With 2:10 remaining, Fleischmann struck again, weaving through the defense on the power play before beating Pavelec with a wrister for a 3-2 lead.
With under a minute left, Kane knocked a rebound out of the air and into the net. After a review, the goal was upheld, resulting in a 3-3 tie.
Pavelec turned away two shots in the overtime period, while Theodore stopped three.
This was the first of six meetings between these division rivals...Pavelec is 5-1-0 in his career against Florida...The Panthers' Marco Sturm became the first German player to make 900 NHL appearances.
- WINNIPEG: 4
Final - 2OT
Oct 31 10:18 PM
- WINNIPEG: 3
End of OT
Oct 31 10:12 PM
- WINNIPEG: 3
End of Regulation
Oct 31 10:04 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Evander Kane, from Kyle Wellwood and Zach Bogosian at 19:10.
Jets 3, Panthers 3 3rd - 0:50Oct 31 10:03 PM
- Florida Power-Play Goal - Tomas Fleischmann (5), at 17:50.
Jets 2, Panthers 3 3rd - 2:10Oct 31 9:56 PM
- Mike Weaver slap shot on Ondrej Pavelec.
Jets 2, Panthers 2 3rd - 16:50Oct 31 9:32 PM
- WINNIPEG: 2
End of 2nd
Oct 31 9:08 PM
- WINNIPEG: 2
End of 1st
Oct 31 8:13 PM
- Florida Goal - Jason Garrison (5), at 19:40.
Jets 2, Panthers 1 1st - 0:20Oct 31 8:12 PM
- Winnipeg Power-Play Goal - Evander Kane (3), from Nik Antropov and Zach Bogosian at 9:58.
Jets 2, Panthers 0 1st - 10:02Oct 31 7:56 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Kyle Wellwood (5), at 3:44.
Jets 1, Panthers 0 1st - 16:16Oct 31 7:45 PM
- WINNIPEG: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Oct 31 7:39 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Apr 25
- Islanders advance to second round for first time since 1993 Apr 25
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Apr 25