Bruins pound Maple LeafsNov 6, 2011 - 1:35 AM
Tyler Seguin recorded his first career hat trick, Milan Lucic added two goals and Tim Thomas notched his 27th career shutout as the Boston Bruins routed the Toronto Maple Leafs, 7-0.
It's the first time this season that the Bruins have won back-to-back games.
David Krejci and Gregory Campbell also added goals for the Bruins, who improved to 5-7-0 on the season.
Ben Scrivens was pulled in the second period after allowing five goals on 14 shots. Jonas Gustavsson finished the game and made six saves for Toronto, which won four of its last five contests coming in.
Seguin had the lone tally in the first period as he snapped a shot past Scrivens on the power play.
The Bruins lit the lamp four times in the second period with Seguin scoring twice.
Seguin and Lucic's goals came eight seconds apart, and Seguin's hat-trick goal came with 4:59 remaining in the period.
Seguin flew in on the right wing on a 3-on-2, received a pass from Patrice Bergeron skating in from the high slot, and finished with a wrist shot from the right circle.
Krejci wristed one home just 14 seconds later to make it 5-0.
Lucic and Campbell accounted for the scoring in the final period.
Seguin has seven goals this season...The Bruins take on the Islanders on Monday to kick off a five-game homestand, and the Maple Leafs stay in Toronto to clash with the Panthers on Tuesday.
- BOSTON: 7
Nov 5 9:39 PM
- Matthew Lombardi wrist shot on Tim Thomas.
Bruins 7, Maple Leafs 0 3rd - 13:28Nov 5 9:17 PM
- Boston Goal - Milan Lucic (6), at 5:44.
Bruins 6, Maple Leafs 0 3rd - 14:16Nov 5 9:12 PM
- BOSTON: 5
End of 2nd
Nov 5 8:47 PM
- Boston Goal - David Krejci (2), at 15:15.
Bruins 5, Maple Leafs 0 2nd - 4:45Nov 5 8:42 PM
- Boston Goal - Tyler Seguin (7), at 15:01.
Bruins 4, Maple Leafs 0 2nd - 4:59Nov 5 8:38 PM
- Boston Goal - Milan Lucic (5), at :42.
Bruins 3, Maple Leafs 0 2nd - 19:18Nov 5 8:13 PM
- Boston Goal - Tyler Seguin, from Patrice Bergeron at :34.
Bruins 2, Maple Leafs 0 2nd - 19:26Nov 5 8:11 PM
- BOSTON: 1
End of 1st
Nov 5 7:51 PM
- Boston Power-Play Goal - Tyler Seguin (5), at 6:23.
Bruins 1, Maple Leafs 0 1st - 13:37Nov 5 7:27 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 5 7:12 PM
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness May 23
- World championship offers audition for World Cup, draft May 5
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Apr 28
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Apr 25
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Apr 21
- Bruins opt to retain coach Julien for another season Apr 14
- Maple Leafs sign Kadri, Rielly to 6-year deals Apr 13
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Apr 13
- Tortorella: Don't ask NHL coaches to fix stagnant scoring Apr 12