Lightning top BruinsJan 18, 2012 - 4:37 AM
Vincent Lecavalier, Tom Pyatt, Ryan Malone and Steven Stamkos also lit the lamp for the Lightning, who got 26 saves from Mathieu Garon. Steve Downie and Matt Gilroy had two assists apiece.
"Difference is, when the puck dropped, we had emotion," Lightning head coach Guy Boucher said.
Nathan Horton tallied twice and Daniel Paille also scored for the Bruins, who have lost two of three.
Tim Thomas stopped 26-of-30 shots in defeat.
"They came out hungry tonight and it showed from the first period. The whole game we were trying to catch up with them in scoring and they fought hard," Paille said.
With the score tied, 2-2, heading into the third period, Malone put the Lightning in front at the 4:58 mark.
Nate Thompson sent a backhanded pass in front from the right boards and Malone poked the disc home in front of Thomas to give the Lightning a 3-2 advantage.
Paille -- who hit the crossbar earlier in the game on a breakaway -- lifted a backhander past Garon on a short-handed breakaway to tie the game just past the midway point of the third period.
Moore laced a slap shot from the top of the left circle for the go-ahead tally with 3:45 left.
Stamkos added an empty-netter to seal the win.
After an unsuccessful clearing attempt by the Bruins in front of their own net, Thomas fell down on the ice and Lecavalier pounced on the loose puck and backhanded it into the open net for a 1-0 advantage at the 7:11 mark of the opening period.
Horton tied the game at the 4:28 mark of the second. Horton initially took a wrister from the slot, but followed his own rebound and lifted a backhander past Garon.
After another failed clearing attempt by the Bruins, Downie received a pass in the left circle. Thomas was sent sprawling to the ice as he attempted to break up Downie's pass in front for Pyatt. Pyatt backhanded the disc into another wide-open net for a 2-1 lead with 5:49 remaining in the second period.
Horton's wrister from the slot beat Garon to tie the game late in the second period.
The Bruins have six short-handed goals this season...Stamkos recorded his 150th career goal...The Lightning avoided the club's longest skid since closing out the 2008-09 season with a 0-7-2 mark...This is the first time that Boston has allowed at least five goals this season.
- BOSTON: 3
TAMPA BAY: 5
Jan 17 10:07 PM
- Tampa Bay Empty Net Goal - Steven Stamkos (31), at 19:39.
Bruins 3, Lightning 5 3rd - 0:21Jan 17 10:06 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Dominic Moore (4), at 16:15.
Bruins 3, Lightning 4 3rd - 3:45Jan 17 9:59 PM
- Boston Short-Handed Goal - Daniel Paille (8), at 10:53.
Bruins 3, Lightning 3 3rd - 9:07Jan 17 9:49 PM
- Dominic Moore tip-in shot on Tim Thomas.
Bruins 2, Lightning 3 3rd - 15:04Jan 17 9:35 PM
- BOSTON: 2
TAMPA BAY: 2
End of 2nd
Jan 17 9:11 PM
- Boston Goal - Nathan Horton, at 16:48.
Bruins 2, Lightning 2 2nd - 3:12Jan 17 9:06 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Tom Pyatt (5), from Steve Downie at 14:11.
Bruins 1, Lightning 2 2nd - 5:49Jan 17 8:58 PM
- Boston Goal - Nathan Horton (15), at 4:28.
Bruins 1, Lightning 1 2nd - 15:32Jan 17 8:41 PM
- BOSTON: 0
TAMPA BAY: 1
End of 1st
Jan 17 8:19 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Vincent Lecavalier, at 7:11.
Bruins 0, Lightning 1 1st - 12:49Jan 17 7:52 PM
- BOSTON: 0
TAMPA BAY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Jan 17 7:39 PM
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19
- Confident Lightning feel Penguins haven't see their best May 18
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 17